mm700 16 wide track

Brayjay

I can grab a 151x16x2 1\4 track for a good deal to put in my mountain max. Is it worth bothering to trim the paddles down to 2 inch and dealing with the 16 wide track? I could find a couple posts about how to go about making the 16 wide fit but any one else done it ? I would rather keep my stock rear brackets if possible. Thanks for any help.

That would work. Looked at it closer today and looks like notching the rear brackets and removing one rear bracket bolt on each side and flipping it around with a pan head allen bolt so the nut is on the outside, changing out 2 chain case bolts so they go from inside the tunnel out towards the chaincase also with a pan head allen bolt and then nutting them from inside the chain case, it should work. Might have to grind down a few rivets here and there.

Hmmm. Read a few posts where guys say it worked out good. Maybe not. I wonder if a 2000 venture is the same tunnel. I looked at my other mountain max with 15 wide on it and there looks to be enough room. Hard to say.

Tunnel is the same.
I'd pull the trigger on it.
Install it and have a buddy run the throttle to keep the track spinning. You'll be at the back sitting on a stool running the belt sander until your happy w/ the clearance.
We're talkin 1/8" removed on each side. MAX.

Last edited:
I am going to get started on it this coming weekend. Never thought about using a Belt sander like this. Might be the ticket. Options are grinding rivets and switching bolts, cutting the track down to 15 inches with a circular saw and as you have described with a belt sander. Your idea sounds the most straight forward.

I wish I hadn't removed the old track already so I could have tried it. Well I have three options and am sure one of them will work.

Thanks for the help A couple of bucks. Maybe I owe you A couple of bucks. Ill report back after this weekend.

Ok I ended up just taking half an inch off both sides with my circular saw. It was real easy. I never even had to flip the track inside out. Smoked the neighbourhood right out though. I called tracks usa first and they said they do it all the time. Sixteen inches is real tight looking inside the tunnel and im sure a guy could have made it work but I just felt better not having to mess around with a grinder inside the tunnel.

Back