Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need help 1986 phazer

Ya I'm kinda trying to make a mountain sled for my future child so I figured a phazer with a long track should be a pretty good choice. My dad has a track it is either 1.5 paddle or 1.25 and it's in good shape. I have plenty of time to build the sled since my kid won't be born till March so 4 5 years I'd say lol. Let me know how the 144 ends up working for u....your not going to change drivers for the 1.25 track? I'd like to lighten up the skid so I was thinking of maybe a AC skid or Doo? Idk how much lighter they actually are
    08 FX Nytro

OFT relocation, OFT ROV, Shadow Barbed Wire Hydro dip, Custom block off plate, Custom skid plate , Skins front end, Fox Evol R, Pro RMK 155 rear suspension, 162 Camoplast Extreme, Powder Coated Tunnel, Custom Chopped tunnel, OFT 180 TURBO, Skin Seat, Custom Cooling system W/RAD delete, Head Light Delete, Custom Head Light, Antigravity 16 Cell LW Battery, Avid Drivers, Cut Simmons GEN II Skies

I prefer to make changes to the gearing in the chain case rather than the track drives but if needed I have a set of 7 tooth drives as well as a set of 8 tooth Wahl Bros anti ratchet sprockets. Keeping an eye out for a good price on a set of 7 tooth Wahl Bros sprockets as well. Should be able to run the track a little looser with the anti ratchet drives to reduce slider wear with the taller lug track.
    1977 Yamaha SRX (Mod Stock Drag)
    1979 Yamaha SRX
    1979 Skidoo Blizzard Cross Country
    1981 Yamaha SRX
    1981 Yamaha SS440
    1981 Kawasaki Invader LTD 4/6
    1981 John Deere Spitfire
    1982 Yamaha SRV
    1989 ET400TRN
    1991 Yamaha Phazer ST
    1992 Yamaha Venture XL

Anyone run the sled without the air box? It's a pain in the a** to get in there would running just pod filters work ok?
    08 FX Nytro

OFT relocation, OFT ROV, Shadow Barbed Wire Hydro dip, Custom block off plate, Custom skid plate , Skins front end, Fox Evol R, Pro RMK 155 rear suspension, 162 Camoplast Extreme, Powder Coated Tunnel, Custom Chopped tunnel, OFT 180 TURBO, Skin Seat, Custom Cooling system W/RAD delete, Head Light Delete, Custom Head Light, Antigravity 16 Cell LW Battery, Avid Drivers, Cut Simmons GEN II Skies

Quote Originally Posted by YZViper366 View Post
    It's alive. Looks like my problem is fixed now I can move on to other things. I would like to put a 136 on this sled with a 1.5" paddle on it. Anyone have any ideas on hearing and where to get new drivers for this sled? I would also like to put a different skid under it you guys recomend any specific skid that's a easy replacement?

I put a 1.5" paddle on a 136 phazer. It was a little of a bitch getting the track in there, but once I did it worked great. I used these 7T drivers

https://www.mfgsupply.com/catalogsea...t/?q=04-108-50

Quote Originally Posted by YZViper366 View Post
    Anyone run the sled without the air box? It's a pain in the a** to get in there would running just pod filters work ok?
    Dont do that. If running stock carbs, with a a pipe leave the airbox intact.

Senior Member Improved

What billybaru13 said, If you take it off with stock carbs jetting can not be corrected properly. This will end badly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234