Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help 1986 phazer

Huh idk if even remember those being in there I'll have to read it apart again. Thank you for the picture
    08 FX Nytro

OFT relocation, OFT ROV, Shadow Barbed Wire Hydro dip, Custom block off plate, Custom skid plate , Skins front end, Fox Evol R, Pro RMK 155 rear suspension, 162 Camoplast Extreme, Powder Coated Tunnel, Custom Chopped tunnel, OFT 180 TURBO, Skin Seat, Custom Cooling system W/RAD delete, Head Light Delete, Custom Head Light, Antigravity 16 Cell LW Battery, Avid Drivers, Cut Simmons GEN II Skies

Ok looks like both carbs are missing one plug. Could that be my culprit? The plug is in the center hole I would post a picture but it won't let me.
    08 FX Nytro

OFT relocation, OFT ROV, Shadow Barbed Wire Hydro dip, Custom block off plate, Custom skid plate , Skins front end, Fox Evol R, Pro RMK 155 rear suspension, 162 Camoplast Extreme, Powder Coated Tunnel, Custom Chopped tunnel, OFT 180 TURBO, Skin Seat, Custom Cooling system W/RAD delete, Head Light Delete, Custom Head Light, Antigravity 16 Cell LW Battery, Avid Drivers, Cut Simmons GEN II Skies

08 FX Nytro

Missing these plugs or putting them in the wrong place will cause this problem. Should be easy to find a couple of these plugs. If you use old plugs make sure they are still soft and not hard and brittle.
    1977 Yamaha SRX (Mod Stock Drag)
    1979 Yamaha SRX
    1979 Skidoo Blizzard Cross Country
    1981 Yamaha SRX
    1981 Yamaha SS440
    1981 Kawasaki Invader LTD 4/6
    1981 John Deere Spitfire
    1982 Yamaha SRV
    1989 ET400TRN
    1991 Yamaha Phazer ST
    1992 Yamaha Venture XL

According to the video, you have found your problem.

Here is the Yamaha part number

8V0-14118-00-00

These plugs get old and brittle, spend the $25 on new ones and the sled will great.

I have heard that there is some documentation from Yamaha that has the plus in the wrong spots. The correct spots are the center hole, and the hole that covers the pilot jet.

Quote Originally Posted by YZViper366 View Post
    Last edited by billybaru13; 10-10-2017 at 07:02 AM.

and if I was buying parts, I would replace those bowl gaskets as well. They have a tendency to leak over time.

Ya I hope this solves the problem could have been nice to find that right away. But better late than never parts should be here in a couple days. Thanks guys I'll post again once it's together again
    08 FX Nytro

It's alive. Looks like my problem is fixed now I can move on to other things. I would like to put a 136 on this sled with a 1.5" paddle on it. Anyone have any ideas on hearing and where to get new drivers for this sled? I would also like to put a different skid under it you guys recomend any specific skid that's a easy replacement?
    08 FX Nytro

Great to hear it's back in business. Bullet proof engines if you treat them right. You are probably limited to 1.25" paddles unless you drop your drives down form 8 tooth to 7 tooth. If you can get a 1.5" paddle in at all there would not be any room to exhaust the additional snow picked up by the more aggressive track.

I have a 144" x 1.25" to install in my Phazer II ST for this winter just to see how it performs. For starters I am simply going to pull the original 136" skid back 4" to accommodate the longer track. I plan to gear down a tooth in the chain case to deal with the extra load from the longer more aggressive track. I also have a 136" x 1" track that I can try if the 144 proves to be too aggressive for the 56Hp available from the 485 fan.

Ultimately I am keeping an eye out for a cheap 96 VMax 600 XT skid and front TSS suspension to go with the 144" track in the Phazer.
    1979 Yamaha SRX
    1981 Yamaha SRX
    1981 Yamaha SS440
    1981 John Deere Spitfire
    1982 Yamaha SRV
    1989 ET400TRN
    1991 Yamaha Phazer ST
    1992 Yamaha Venture XL

Not cheap but check out the Wahl Bros 7 tooth anti ratchet drives. Should be part number 02-555
    1979 Yamaha SRX
    1981 Yamaha SRX
    1981 Yamaha SS440
    1981 John Deere Spitfire
    1982 Yamaha SRV
    1989 ET400TRN
    1991 Yamaha Phazer ST
    1992 Yamaha Venture XL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast