Anyone running SX viper/RX-1 style skis on their SRX?

shaggyzr2

I'm looking at getting some new skis on my SRX. I was thinking about the viper skis, would these just bolt on or do you have to do anything to make them fit? Would they change the ride height at all? and would they work better than the stock SRX skis?

i ran a set of sx viper/ rx 1 skis on the front of my sx500r witch has the same spindles as srx. it dropped the front of the sled 1/2" lower from stock. i sucked up the front limiters 1/4" or so to compensate for the drop. all the other hardware for attaching the ski was the same. they steered about the same as the stock skis but i had put them on for floatation off trail.

I run skidoo presicion skis on my srx. Bolted right on (possibly one washer to shim if I recall correctly) and much better than the stock ski

Just went out and looked. I used the skidoo saddles and rubbers, I added a 1/4" rubber shim on the back side of the rubber. I also ran one bushing on the inside of the saddle one on the outside to make the skidoo saddles fit tight with the srx spindle. They float good and handle rutted trails great.

Last edited:
you could but if i remeber correctly the srx saddles are shorter in legnth than the vipr/rx ones. i think the 2014 sr viper skis are the same height as the srx ones as my enticer with them on it actually sits higher than with the sx viper skis i had on there. just need a longer bolt to install them than the stock sx bolt.

I used rx1 skis on my srx, they are much more aggressive as the keel is way bigger. it does lower the front a small bit but it never made any difference I could tell, but the skis really bite in a lot more then stock did!

I used rx1 skis on my srx, they are much more aggressive as the keel is way bigger. it does lower the front a small bit but it never made any difference I could tell, but the skis really bite in a lot more then stock did!

About how much did it lower the front end?

same ski as rx1 until 2011 and they still bolt right up as the ones from my 11 apex bolted right onto my brothers 02 viper.

Back