Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got a new sled

Quote Originally Posted by yammy View Post
    clutches are shit, suspension is shit, handles like shit, gas milage is shit. other than that its a beautiful sled. I used to have one!

If you don’t have anything constructive to say I suggest you keep it to yourself next time! It’s a 24 year old sled that was pretty good in it’s time. I had a 96 that did alright by me. It’s still goin today!
    2002 Yamaha SXViper - Daughters
    E-start, reverse, extended to 144" with cobra track. Awesome EdgeWrap in purple and pink!!

04 Yamaha SXViper S - Extra
    E -Start, reverse, Ohlins all the way around, Extended to 144", cobra track! Cant get rid of this sled just yet!!

2016 Yamaha SRViper LTX-SE - Wifes.

2017 Yamaha SRViper LTX-LE - Mine

THE VIPER PIT IS NEVER COMPLETE! Bipolar!!!

hmmm. just thought the man wanted to know how they were !constructive has nothing to do with it! its FACT !

It’s all in the presentation. He’s a fairly new member, he bought a new sled and seemed pretty excited about his find. Your “presentation of the sleds drawbacks were a bit harsh and not very representative of TY. I hope my “presentation” comes across clear. Thanks.
    2002 Yamaha SXViper - Daughters
    E-start, reverse, extended to 144" with cobra track. Awesome EdgeWrap in purple and pink!!

04 Yamaha SXViper S - Extra
    E -Start, reverse, Ohlins all the way around, Extended to 144", cobra track! Cant get rid of this sled just yet!!

2016 Yamaha SRViper LTX-SE - Wifes.

2017 Yamaha SRViper LTX-LE - Mine

THE VIPER PIT IS NEVER COMPLETE! Bipolar!!!

you are right ! Let me rephrase my factual opinion. The clutching is terrible, the gas milage is horrible , and it handles and rides worse than any sled made in that era! Other than that its a beautiful sled! I hope my presentation is more to your liking now super1c. thank you

I also had 1 of these sleds. For it's time I though it was a good sled. For sure that was a sharp looking sled. have a good time with it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Congrats on your new sled! Ignore the negative comments in this thread. I have a 17 year old Venture and I do WAY more seasonal mileage then 75% of all my friends and co workers with new or newer style snowmobiles.....
    Last edited by Vincent; 10-16-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Senior Member ProStock

I loved my 95 Vmax600. Handles great, good power very comfortable. I ran Many 750 mile weekends on it. I bought it new and sold it with 8k miles on it. Great sled.

Senior Member Improved

The only thing that is a concern is the range if you go on long rides in remote areas due to mpg. I always thought that they were some of the best looking sleds ever. Yours looks great.

They are sexy lookin' sleds.
    If it ain't broke... you're not riding hard enough!

Sleds:
    1998 Vmax 700sx
    2001 700 redhead & electronics, dual headlights
    Viper pipe and SLP can
    144" x 1.25 ripsaw with IQ skid

1997 700 Mtn Max
    Bender triple pipes
    Mad Max porting
    144" x 2.25" finger track

1980 340 Enticer Deluxe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yammy View Post
    you are right ! Let me rephrase my factual opinion. The clutching is terrible, the gas milage is horrible , and it handles and rides worse than any sled made in that era! Other than that its a beautiful sled! I hope my presentation is more to your liking now super1c. thank you
    Really... This will stop after you take a step back my friend. This site is far above this and you know better, right?
    Castle X Gear and more...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast