Steering arm GPX

vmaxcrazy

While I have the motor out I'm redoing the steering. I've fixed most all of the free play and only have a little in both steering arms where they attach to ski spindle. The movement is definitely there. I'm assuming it's the arms as they are cast and spindle is steel. My question is: Are the left and right steering arms the same part # and just turned over, or is there a separate part #'s for left and right arms. If so I can't find part # for left arm. This is on a 1974 GPX 338. And again I'll ask, Does the stock primary clutch take grease on spline. The service manual says to add grease at Weight pivot points, but no mention about the spline. There are no plastic bushing in this clutch. On a side note, does anyone know what Yamaha calls this cutch?

Thanks RON HYDRAULIC YAM, for the reply. I took off one of steering arms, and indeed they are the same "you just flip one over". I also kept digging and found out that this clutch DOES get grease on the spline. Still none of the experts have weighed in on what this clutch is called YP, YXR, etc. Maybe it doesn't have a code. Again, thanks for the reply.

Back