Can I run the Campolast Ice Cobra (1.6" studded tip) on an SX Viper?

Motodeficient

I want to ditch the .91" stock track on my 03 SX Viper. I want to put the biggest lug track I can on without switching drivers.

Can I run remove the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors and run a 1.6" Ice Cobra track? It has the little studs built into the ends of the lugs..

https://www.tracksusa.com/productde...3261&referrer=https%3a%2f%2fwww.google.com%2f

If not, a regular 1.5" track like the intense would work without studs, if I remove the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors, correct?

Whats the biggest unstudded track I can run while leaving the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors?

Those little studs would tear up your tunnel and exchanger without guards. I would go with the 1.5 or the 1.32 cobra. We ran the 1.32 cobra on our vipers and loved them. Depending on track size you might be able to get the 1.6 reg cobra now.

Thanks for the info. Did you have to remove your tunnel and/or heat exchanger protectors to run the 1.352 cobra? Or notch the track to clear the tunnel or heat exchanger coolers?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Did you have to remove your tunnel and/or heat exchanger protectors to run the 1.352 cobra? Or notch the track to clear the tunnel or heat exchanger coolers?

I just removed the guards as ill never be running studs. i Just put the guards in the parts pile just in case!!

1.352 Cobra tracks are awsome. Been running one for the last two seasons. Did 5000+kms and have Zero regrets.

could I go up to a 1.5 with stock drivers?
Not that I'm going to be of any help in the Viper arena, but a 1.325 Cobra would actually outperform the 1.5 Intense. Just my $.02

1.5 tracks in a 121 size are pretty limited.

If your interested in stretching to 144, there is a 1.6-2.52 in a Cobra. That sir.....would ROCK!!!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I might just go with the 121x1.25 Ripsaw II, if I can put it in without removing the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors? From what I read a 1.25 will fit ok with no need to remove anything?

I was looking at that but its sold out everywhere. Plus I would probably need to switch to 8 tooth drivers, and I don't really want to mess with that.

Will a 1.25 fit without removing the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors?

Because I was looking at the Talon 32 also which is the 1.25 version. They are like $350 shipped.

I have 1.25" Ripsaw 2's on a couple sleds, including a SRX. Very please with these tracks. They Outperform the original Ripsaw hands down. You will have no problem with a 1.25" with stock drivers.

Well, it sounds like if I go over 1.25 I will need to remove the protectors. But i I go to 1.5 i likely need to swap drivers to 8 tooth as well. If I could do a 1.5 with the protectors removed and stock drivers I would do that, but otherwise I would just go with the 1.25 and leave the protectors in, that way a future owner would have the option to run a studded track if they choose. I doubt I will have this sled more than another year or two. And it doesn't sound like there is much off-trail difference between a 1.25 ripsaw II and a 1.352 Cobra, so unless I went all the way to a 1.5 with new drivers, I might as well stick with a 1.25 and leave the protectors on.

Last edited:

Back