Help getting my sxviper to hook up

ericsxviper

Hey guys, new here. I have a 02 viper with triple Jaws pipes, jaws clutching, vforce3 reeds, port/polished, gutted air box etc... it has a 1.25 ripsaw on it now and it just spins. Over the summer I tried playing with the pro action a bit. Moved the FRA bolt all the way up, adjusted the transfer rods. Already had the limiter straps loosened. Itching to see if moving the full rate adjuster will make a difference but if not I'll have to look into studding it. Anyone ever run a 1.325" stud with 9 tooth drivers? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -eric

Hi Eric,
I don't have any experience with the Vipers, and can't say if they have the same tunnel/bulkhead design as the SRX.
I have ran 1.25 Ripsaw's on a few sleds. I switched to 1.25 Ripsaw 2's on my race SRX and Vmax4 with significant improvements. I have started studding my SRX with 1.375". They will be very tight, and I'm scared they might hit the front cooler. I will likely be switching to 8t drivers for a little added clearance.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info! If you don't mind could you get back to me about the studs when you try them? I also wondered about 8 tooth drivers, I've herd they rob some top end but is it really that bad?

Original Ripsaws seem to be only good for grass drags. If you want all those power adders to make a difference, get rid of that Ripsaw. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
On the brite side, they're great for digging a trench.

Last edited:
I appreciate the advice! Are the ripsaw 2's better or would you recommend going with a compleatly diffent track?

Your Viper with pipes should be roughly 145HP. No track will hook with that power. Studs are mandatory if you are trying to launch hard and drag race. And yes to your question regarding the need for 8 tooth drivers or you will shred the front tunnel cooler. As others have stated your gearing will be lower and changing gears will be needed to regain top end.
--- mac---

Back