Oil injection feed rate

NorthofSixty

I am looking for the oil pump feed rate vs cable adjustment height chart for the Phazer II. I am running 80:1 premix and want to adjust the combined to about 40:1. If anyone knows where to find the auto lube pump rate it wold be appreciated.

There is no chart.

Stock setting is 1" gap at idle between cable outer and adjuster when pulled out.

Adjust idle speed first. Shut off sled and pull the outer sheath of oil pump cable out of it's adjuster until it hits it's limit and adjust the adjuster to get the 1".

A smaller than 1" gap will deliver more oil than stock. Larger than 1" less oil.

There is no chart or formula for gauging ratio that I am aware of.

opsled

Not sure on your model , my 93 VK540 actually started out the mix in the fuel line before the carb... I figured at WOT , that the heavy mix would be late
getting there and still around when you were idling ... Supposedly the direct manifold nozzles were bad for loading up the cylinders as you slowed up
while the pump was still turning fast... Sorta makes pre mix look more accurate but inconvenient ... try some different mix ratios along with the
auto lube and read the plugs to see how it is performing..
Ron

Thanks. I have the idle and wot pump outputs for the 81 SS440 from the manual but the gear reduction ratio for the pump is 44/1 as compared to 25/1 for the Phazer II. If I knew they were the same pump I could build my own chart.

Not sure on your model , my 93 VK540 actually started out the mix in the fuel line before the carb... I figured at WOT , that the heavy mix would be late
getting there and still around when you were idling ... Supposedly the direct manifold nozzles were bad for loading up the cylinders as you slowed up
while the pump was still turning fast... Sorta makes pre mix look more accurate but inconvenient ... try some different mix ratios along with the
auto lube and read the plugs to see how it is performing..
Ron

Oil injection doesn't work that way. Doesn't matter if it's injected into the fuel line or directly into the engine.

Oil injection varies rate to keep up with varying fuel flow in order to keep final ratio the same.

No need to mix with a good oil injection system and Yamaha's is the best.

opsled

Back