CPR triple pipe clutching and jetting

Well I contacted cpr themselves, got a decent staring point so I'm going to set it up like he instructed me too, I'd still love to hear what others are doing successfully...

This was my set up with carb vent to air box.

PTO 160 mains / 47.5 pilot/ needle clip 4th groove both washers on top
Center 160 mains / 47.5 pilot / needle clip 4th groove both washers on top
Mag 162.5 mains / 50 pilot / needle blip 4th groove both on bottom.

Plugs ran nice and brown with room for cold weather. If it was warm i could run carb vents to atmosphere and be good. Never had a DCS light problem with good fresh 93 octain. A little octain boost wouldnt hurt either with these pipes.

Got the sled out for the first time today, im running heel clicker drag n fly primary weights loaded With 4.4 in overdrive hole and 4.4 in shoulder with a red spring (they recommend grey but I don't have one) and a straight 45 helix with a green spring at 70, comes out of the hole soft but about 20 feet out the rpms jump up to 85-88 and it quickly climbs up to 9100 or so and pulls hard, I am going to put srx mounts on and set belt deflection see if it helps out of hole

Got the sled out for the first time today, im running heel clicker drag n fly primary weights loaded With 4.4 in overdrive hole and 4.4 in shoulder with a red spring (they recommend grey but I don't have one) and a straight 45 helix with a green spring at 70, comes out of the hole soft but about 20 feet out the rpms jump up to 85-88 and it quickly climbs up to 9100 or so and pulls hard, I am going to put srx mounts on and set belt deflection see if it helps out of hole

Get the SRX wishbone torque limiter also. Really helps lock engine in place and set clutch Center to center and belt deflection per SRX specs. The viper clutches were made with that engine flexing in mind. With the SRX mounts and wishbone torque limiter it wont move at all.

Got the front left srx mount and the srx torque rod installed, the other mounts looked identical so I left them. I re aligned the clutches and its unbelievable how much more rigid the engine is mounted now, this was 100% bolt on too, great upgrade to a viper. I haven't got a chance to try it but it's going to be better, I might switch the stock 22/38 gearing to srx's 23/38 next

Back