Removing heat exchanger protectors- SX viper

Motodeficient

I am putting a bigger track in my viper. I understand I need to remove the heat exchanger protectors. I just want to confirm that its the two square bars I am removing? Nothing more nothing less? Just cut the welds top and bottom?

Last edited:

I've never done it, but I believe you are correct. Just cut the welds and away you go. Mite want to remove your tunnel guards if you have any as well.

Got the tunnel protectors out today but it would be cool to get a little more confirmation on attacking these heat exchanger protectors. I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks!

How did this go?

Got the tunnel protectors out today but it would be cool to get a little more confirmation on attacking these heat exchanger protectors. I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks!

Did you end up cutting the front exchanger protectors out? Just put a 1.5 ripsaw into my viper to find them hitting and wondering how this went.

Yep I cut them out. I used a dremel with a reinforced cutoff wheel and it was easy. I believe I measured the thickness of them and you gain around .8" of clearance with them removed.

Last edited:

Back