Warped V Force 3 cages

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Anyone ever had the plastic outer cage warp on them? The very out frame with the 4 bolt holes in it has warped on all 3 of my cages and I'm assuming it's from sitting for about 3 years not bolted to an engine.These were in my '01 when I bought it and I took them out probably 3 years ago to swap them for a different reed cage and I am only assuming that the warp is a result of removing the reed cages after being used for how ever many years and then sitting on a shelf under no tension and left to the heat and cooling cycles of nature.That's my theory anyway,so my next question is what's the best way to flatten out the plastic again to make the cage square again?

Attachments

• IMG_20171130_181638368 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20171130_181638368 (Large).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 4

Anyone ever had the plastic outer cage warp on them? The very out frame with the 4 bolt holes in it has warped on all 3 of my cages and I'm assuming it's from sitting for about 3 years not bolted to an engine.These were in my '01 when I bought it and I took them out probably 3 years ago to swap them for a different reed cage and I am only assuming that the warp is a result of removing the reed cages after being used for how ever many years and then sitting on a shelf under no tension and left to the heat and cooling cycles of nature.That's my theory anyway,so my next question is what's the best way to flatten out the plastic again to make the cage square again?

Its plastic.. with temp changes, it will warp. How flat are they when they are bolts into the block? are they making a seal on that surface? I was never a fan of V-Force, not much gain for the cost. Spacers with stock reeds or notch stoppers on the SX motor work just as good.

The cage doesn't flatten out when tightened up and this is what caused my meltdown last March.I wouldn't have even noticed these warps if I hadn't been going through my checklist trying to figure out the cause.I had chalked this up to ice in the main jet from poor gas but I kept probing and found this.These were in my '01 engine when I bought it and the guy I got it from used to drag race the sled.It's trail ported and has shaved heads which I'm thinking is why he put these is to start with.I figured I'd try them in my '98 just to see if I could actually notice any difference at all and all I got was a large headache.

The cage doesn't flatten out when tightened up and this is what caused my meltdown last March.I wouldn't have even noticed these warps if I hadn't been going through my checklist trying to figure out the cause.I had chalked this up to ice in the main jet from poor gas but I kept probing and found this.These were in my '01 engine when I bought it and the guy I got it from used to drag race the sled.It's trail ported and has shaved heads which I'm thinking is why he put these is to start with.I figured I'd try them in my '98 just to see if I could actually notice any difference at all and all I got was a large headache.

Damn junk!! lol

Back