1999 SRX 700 motor in 2002 SRX?

RXMax

Bought a 2002 SRX with a 1999 motor in it. It has no spark. Does have the stator and flywheel from the 2002. Where does the DCS hook up? Thinking that is the problem. Pics of DCS in 2002 would be helpful yamaharx1 @ gmail.com Cannot see it from the online OEM parts finder. If anyone knows were to look here that would work too. It plugs into the Head on Viper but the head is a mono and not individual.

Thanks!

Last edited:

If you are using an 01-02 stator/CDI you will need to change the entire harness as I understand. The 02 CDI is the only year with DCS.

The sled is an 02 so it has the 02 wiring harness. All electronics are from 2002 on the 1999 motor except for the DCS. I am not sure where or what the DCS looks like or where it should plug into the motor. I think this is the part that is missing and why it has no spark. Was hoping someone could shoot some picutres of an 02 where the dcs is lcoated and plugs into the wiring harness

Mystery solved... The cases are different from 98-99 to the 2000-2002. The pick up coil is 6MM closer due to the smaller flywheel on the 2000-2002. So a case swap is commencing...

That would be great! DCS is a unicorn! If you can check the color of the wire lead that would be great!

or, you can simply use the flywheel off a 2001 sxr 700 engine as it uses the same case dimension yet has the extra magnet on it for the 3d 300watt ign system. you still need to use the 20002 stator set up, it will just all bolt right up this way.

Yes I saw that after I started the case swap. 2002 flywheel is smaller and lighter so I like the gains with it!

you can ground that 2002 dcs system if ya like. but its good to have. you did post you want to radar run this sled. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Would love to have dcs but I need the coolant rail. Probably gonna buy new.. can't find one used.

youll need the pto end crank bearing as well to put that 98-99 crank into the 2000-02 cases.....

Back