2002 SRX owners DCS question

RXMax

Can someone tell me the color of the wire on your sled that connects to the DCS on the water rail? I have a single brown wire that is not connected that comes from the CDI? Is yours brown?

Also looking for the coolant rail and DCS sender for 2002?? If anyone has one!

Last edited:

Anyone know what this single brown wire from the cdi down to that same area might be for?

Thinking this 2002 has a wire harness from a 2000-2001 as I do not have a white wire coming out of harness. That DCS was eliminated. Now to figure what this brown wire is from the CDI.

Update.... This brown wire does connect to the DCS pin on the connector to the CDI. The wire harness is the correct part number and never been apart. Talked to dealer and he figures this might have been one of the first wire harness prior to when the service manual was printed. Has seen things like this before. Now on to find the unicorn.. A used water rail with the DCS port in it! Trying to get it back to original.

OK, now I'm curious! For the 2002 SRX, the CDI is part number 8DN-30 and the wiring harness is part number 8DN-02580-20. 2000 SRX is a one year only wiring harness and CDI (will not interchange with any other year). The 2001 SRX is a one year only wiring harness and CDI... BUT ... you can use a 2001 CDI in a 2002 SRX deleting the DCS function.

I found another 2002 wiring harness on ebay and it too had a brown wire for the dcs.. even though wiring diagram Shows white. If you look the white out of the plug adds a green/yellow. I wonder if it then changes to brown? Wire is also a heavier gauge than the 2 coming out of the cdi.

Ok, found my wiring diagram (sorry don't have my '02 sled at home yet). DCS sensor wire is definitely white. There is a brown wire out of the CDI to the ignition switch and a "chocolate" wire used for ground that goes to many items including the temperature sensor that is also on the coolant rail (blue/red and chocolate) as well as the coils and the carb switch all located in the same area.

I have confirmed on my wiring harness that the white becomes a brown at the connection to the dcs. I also confirmed the dcs is a brown wire on a harness on eBay. Dealer thinks wiring diagram was misprinted. White wire and y/g combine from the cdi before getting to the dcs connection.

Back