Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I run studs on my 98 SRX 700 with 1.25 lug track?

Junior Member Mini

Default Can I run studs on my 98 SRX 700 with 1.25 lug track?

I have a 98 SRX 700 with a 1.25 lug track. I was thinking of studding it soon but will have to ADD the front h/e protectors. Will I have enough clearance? Also, what are your opinions on running that track with studs? I like the safety of having studs and also the hook up on the hard pack roads etc... Any advice is much appreciated.
    Last edited by JumperJoe; 12-04-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Junior Member Mini

Quote Originally Posted by JumperJoe View Post

I have a 98 SRX 700 with a 1.25 lug track. I was thinking of studding it soon but will have to ADD the front h/e protectors. Will I have enough clearance? Also, what are your opinions on running that track with studs? I like the safety of having studs and also the hook up on the hard pack roads etc... Any advice is much appreciated.
    Can anybody give a brother some advice? Lol

Cutting it close,,,,,,,,, will have to run track tighter then I would.............

Have you looked into re-riveting them in. Have heard it's a big beotch to do.
    Dannyboy

Junior Member Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
    Cutting it close,,,,,,,,, will have to run track tighter then I would.............
    Ok I see, didnít realize you could run the track at different tightness levels. Thanks for advice.

Junior Member Mini

Quote Originally Posted by A couple of bucks View Post
    Have you looked into re-riveting them in. Have heard it's a big beotch to do.
    No haven’t looked into the rivet but somebody did mention the screw type that goes right i is only about 3/8 wide so not sure if that would work...

I'm running 1.5 chisels right now with the stock drivers. It barely fits, light graze on the front heat exchangers and made some fairly large tunnel protectors so the track can barely balloon and hit the tunnel. Running the track really tight as well. This was being used for 500 foot drags though. I would not recommend it on a trail sled. I do have a 1" track with 1.175 megabites and without any protectors I got some slight rubbing from ballooning at WOT on the lake. Protectors are a must when running picks.

Junior Member Mini

Quote Originally Posted by pete_man26 View Post
    I'm running 1.5 chisels right now with the stock drivers. It barely fits, light graze on the front heat exchangers and made some fairly large tunnel protectors so the track can barely balloon and hit the tunnel. Running the track really tight as well. This was being used for 500 foot drags though. I would not recommend it on a trail sled. I do have a 1" track with 1.175 megabites and without any protectors I got some slight rubbing from ballooning at WOT on the lake. Protectors are a must when running picks.
    Yeah I will be riding 80% trail. Just wanted the studs for the icy turns and for the quicker stopping power.
    Plus, every time we hit the hard packed roads my nephews ZRT 600 with studs has been leaving me in the dust! Thatís just not right! Lol

You could switch the stock 9 tooth drivers out for 8 tooth and put diff gears in the chain case to regain top end, if you are willing to go that far..

Junior Member Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Srx007 View Post
    You could switch the stock 9 tooth drivers out for 8 tooth and put diff gears in the chain case to regain top end, if you are willing to go that far..
    Thanks for the advice... Switching the drivers from stock to 8 tooth? Does this give me more clearance for the track and studs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast