2001 srx no spark have tryed replaceing everything! Can anyone help?

mtnviper700

2001 Yamaha SRX 700 I have replaced the stator the pickup the coils check the wiring under the motor tried unplugging the key switch I'm totally lost still have no spark has a new top-end started for about 30 seconds as soon as I was done putting it together now nothing

2001 Yamaha SRX 700 I have replaced the stator the pickup the coils check the wiring under the motor tried unplugging the key switch I'm totally lost still have no spark has a new top-end started for about 30 seconds as soon as I was done putting it together now nothing

Did you check under the motor for a rubbed thru harness? Have you tried checking the kill switch and the key switch?

When did it stop sparking? In my experience its usually the stator or cdi. I have an extra CDI box I can sell you if you need it. PM me if interested

is it a oem Yamaha stator and pick up coil or is it aftermarket?

Need some clarification as there was no punctuation.
It stopped running 30 seconds after the first startup from replacing the top end?

Last edited:
Not meaning to hijack the thread but my issue is the same; '01 SRX700 with no spark. It was running great 2 days ago but yesterday it fired up for about 2 seconds, turned off and now has no spark. One thing that it's always done, more noticeable when it's super cold, is that it starts without power going to the lights, then you hear the motor cutout, then, almost instantly, it comes back on with power to the lights. Does anyone know what makes an '01 do that when neither of my '98 SRX's do; they fire up with electrical power already going to the lights.

Not meaning to hijack the thread but my issue is the same; '01 SRX700 with no spark. It was running great 2 days ago but yesterday it fired up for about 2 seconds, turned off and now has no spark. One thing that it's always done, more noticeable when it's super cold, is that it starts without power going to the lights, then you hear the motor cutout, then, almost instantly, it comes back on with power to the lights. Does anyone know what makes an '01 do that when neither of my '98 SRX's do; they fire up with electrical power already going to the lights.

the relays have moisture in them and stick when very cold, the blue and the white relays, load control and lighting relay. you can unplug them and put them on your heat register in the house overnight, it will dry up the moisture and make them work correctly.

Back