2001 srx 700

JumperJoe

Thinking about buying another SRX 700. It’s a 2001 and it’s sat a lot over the past 16 years , only has 1400 miles. He took it in and had carbs professionally cleaned and they did a once over look at it. Question is , is there anything that I need to look out for after all that sitting around? It’s all stock and it’s the original owner. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance

Check track for Dry rot! Mine had 1900 when I got it last year and it came apart at 113mph!! haha Not Cool. May I ask what you are paying for it? I only ask because I am selling my 2000 SRX700, and wasn't sure what its really worth.

Thanks

Check track for Dry rot! Mine had 1900 when I got it last year and it came apart at 113mph!! haha Not Cool. May I ask what you are paying for it? I only ask because I am selling my 2000 SRX700, and wasn't sure what its really worth.

Thanks[/QUOTE

Holy cow! I blew a belt at 90mph last year and that freaked me out , can’t imagine losing a track at 113!!
He wants $2500 but will take $2200.

If it runs, check crank seals w/ carb cleaner while it is running. Any increase in rpm and it'll need new ones.

Thanks for the advice. He has rode it for a spin around the house every couple years here and there he said. I’ll hit it with the carb cleaner to be sure. Those crank seals are right behind the primary right?

Yes behind the primary clutch! You got any pics? Does it look mint? Any maintenance records as being the original owner?

Yes behind the primary clutch! You got any pics? Does it look mint? Any maintenance records as being the original owner?

I don’t have pics but yes it looks super clean. As far as maintinece records it’s only been in the shop the one time and just for a carb rebuild and once over I think. Just dropped $700 for that he said. (Not quite sure why that much?) He said it’s running great right now and took it for a spin last week.

Don't forget about the mag side seal too.There's a hole in the case where you can spray into to check for an air leak.

Appreciate the advice... will do that side too. Is it common for these crank seals to start leaking after sitting for a bit? And is the hole easy to find and spray into?

I'm not sure if it's common for the seals to dry out over time from sitting,the longest mine ever sit is like 7 months from summer storage.The hole is very easy to access,it's right on the top of the case.

Nice clean original SRX700's are hard to come by! Grab it before I do.... :die:

I'm not sure if it's common for the seals to dry out over time from sitting,the longest mine ever sit is like 7 months from summer storage.The hole is very easy to access,it's right on the top of the case.

Thanks I’ll check that out. Appreciate the advice.

Well I guess I missed your post with the price.. I wouldnt pay that. not even close too that! but too each its own....but if you got the cash and the patience youll find a good deal! money talks when theres no snow on the ground lol

Well I guess I missed your post with the price.. I wouldnt pay that. not even close too that! but too each its own....but if you got the cash and the patience youll find a good deal! money talks when theres no snow on the ground lol

I appreciate the advice. I missed out on that deal. Somebody gave him $2200 before I could make my way out to look at it. Gonna have to keep searching.

Back