I could really use some help.

brnleva

This what I've got going on last year I picked up a couple 2003 Yamaha vmax's a 600 triple and a 700 triple well the 600 blew the end cylinder I took it apart and found it needed a new cylinder not I found a used cylinder order a gasket kit and I decided I would replace all 3 Pistons well this evening I went down to finish taking the other 2 cylinders off and that's when I realized that two of the pistons and cylinders were 700 cylinders so I have 2 600 and one 700 head 3 600 Pistons coming what is the best way to handle this is this even a 600 bottom end ? And if so and someone changed these parts and I go back to all 600 stuff what else should I check carbs , jets?

yes it has 2 700 heads one which was damaged one is fine the 3rd is 600 , I ordered a used 600 not knowing it was a 700 im not sure what I should do or the best approach to fixing it

So do you know that its a 700 for sure? If you're not sure measure your carb bore, 600 should be 31mm and 700 should be 33mm.

Pick which size motor you want to run and replace what parts you need. Make sure all match which ever way you go with it. Depending on your budget there is a few red head motors on eBay for sale. 600-800 $. I bought one from ebay and no problems so far. Good luck.

which ever you do its gonna be expensive. if it were me i'd send back the cylinder and get a refund then start advertising a full part out on here,craigslist,facebook garage sale sites and anywhere else its free to advertise. make back as much as you can then buy something else to ride. why spend the time and money on this old sled? put it together and who knows what that will cost? your time? down riding time? you never know how this will all go when said and done. just my .02 pennys

Back