Track opinions

GudeMN

So, I'm looking to replace the track on the 700SRX and the 600SX I purchased recently. Both sleds have the original tracks still in use. The SRX in particular looks rough, with many lugs split and a lot of cracks throughout. The lugs on each track are also about 5/8-3/4in. from my measurements.

I used the bulk of my saved money to buy the sleds and trailer combo so I'm shopping used tracks at this point. I have a few 1.25in Camplasts that are only 5-6 years old located and some 1 in Camoplast options as well..... but wanted to ask for opinions on lug/paddle depth and performance considerations.

I will mostly be trail riding and am not concerned about absolute top end speed on the lake when I'm out there. The trails I will use both sleds on are very winding and technical....really fun to whip through. The group I ride with go after these turns aggressively trying to catch up and close the distance with the guy ahead of you type of thing.....not really looking to pass. More like follow the leader. You catch crap from the group if you can't keep your interval constant or shorten it. Anyway.....

Because of the tightness of a lot of the turns, I like to break the back end loose with throttle to position the sled, throttle back a bit to let the track grip, and then hit it quick to accelerate out. I'm pretty sure the track on the Polaris I've been borrowing is probably 1 inch lugs or less, which I'm assuming is why I can break the track loose in the turns so easily.

Will I lose a lot of that ability to get loose going to a 1.25in lug? With the power the 700 has, would a 1 inch track do very well grabbing when accelerate out of those turns or will I sit and spin for awhile? Should I just stop overthinking it and go have fun??? :-)

Just looking for thoughts and opinions. I'll listen to them all. Thanks ahead of time.

Yeah....I've read up on them and it sounds as though the RS2 has softer lugs on the outside which would let me swing the back end easier. From reading, that's the one I would ultimately want.

Don't have the coin for a new one though and I haven't come across anything used so far.

Other ideas and options?

1" Hacksaw is my preference. It hooks just as hard or harder then a 1.25 ripsaw 1 and has great top speed. Have them in my SRX, Vmax 600 and my Attack.

It's made by camoplast, think I got mine from the Yamaha dealer here, use to work there so still get things at cost. You might be able to find a used one in good condition on kijiji or on here. They make them in 14' or 15' wide. 14' fits, just your wheels run right on the edge of the track. Only reason to run the 14' is it is a little lighter for more top speed.

Back