drilled vmax exhuast silencer??????

pete72

seen a online video of a guy using a 2'' hole saw bit to open up the silencer on his vmax 600. anyone else done such a thing? I'm assuming that would mess with the carb jetting? thoughts?

I did it to my 700. It does sound great, but the drone can get a bit annoying while cruising around.

Last edited:
How would u compare the sound to a can? Has anyone tryed it with a 1 or 1.5 inch hole.

How would u compare the sound to a can? Has anyone tryed it with a 1 or 1.5 inch hole.

Never had I can, but it's not as loud or as bad as some of my buddie's cans I've experienced

I did 2" 1/8 cause it's what I had.
Kinda wish I tried a smaller hole like 1.75".

Last edited:
well after seeing the reply's think I may just run a 1'' bimetal down the hole and see how that sounds. I can always go bigger. I don't want to be too loud on the trails. I had a set of psi's on my exciter and it got old after awhile.

Where on the silencer do you drill ?

On the triple 600 / 700 you remove the muffler and flip it so the exhaust tip is point up. If you look inside the tip way down with a flashlight you'll see the baffle plate that separates the cavities inside your silencer. You simply drill a hole using a hole saw in that baffle plate. You will need a long extension on your hole saw cause it's a bit deep. Also a telescopic magnetic helps to retrieve the cut peice of metal afterward if it fell out of your hole saw.

Last edited:

Back