03 viper. Low voltage stator reg and battery are good.

Update

Borrowed a 04 viper that runs at 14.2 - 14.3

Took my harness ... Cdi.... 04 rectifier....04 coils... Bypassed the key.... 04 battery...

Still have low voltage.

Now everything was tested between 2 sleds. I know rectifies and stators are good.

I am really lost. Don't understand where the voltage is going.

Update

Borrowed a 04 viper that runs at 14.2 - 14.3

Took my harness ... Cdi.... 04 rectifier....04 coils... Bypassed the key.... 04 battery...

Still have low voltage.

Now everything was tested between 2 sleds. I know rectifies and stators are good.

I am really lost. Don't understand where the voltage is going.

Does it run as is?

If its not an OEM stator.. I would guess the stator is still junk.

Yes the 04 has oem stator. Both stators do the same thing. 04 viper charges fine at 14.2 loaded. Took my harness cdi and used 04 rectifier. Still have low voltage.

I did learn something new. If you run wires from the rectifier straight to the battery then it will be around 14 till recifier and Stator gets very warm then it drops back down to 13.7 again.

Yes the 04 has oem stator. Both stators do the same thing. 04 viper charges fine at 14.2 loaded. Took my harness cdi and used 04 rectifier. Still have low voltage.

I did learn something new. If you run wires from the rectifier straight to the battery then it will be around 14 till recifier and Stator gets very warm then it drops back down to 13.7 again.

The batter should be charging anything above 12.. are you sure you have a good ground? Sounds strange that it will kill the batter when its putting out over 12 volts.

Here is a update. Bought a new cdi box and still nothing new. Still the voltage drops when you raise the rpm. I was told the stator can't keep up and that is why the voltage drops off.

one thing you didn't say you changed from sled to sled was flywheels...DOUBT that's it, but if for some reason the magnets were weaker or something...who knows.

Gauges and heated grips unplugged?
I had a short in the heated grips i believe on the throttle side, non er model, 02 viper.
I read it was a know problem.
Just throwing it out there.

Back