78ish ET250 quit

Hammer Down

I was warming up my kids Et250 Enticer. I decided to take it down the road for a little not ride and it died on me. I was just cruising down the road about 25mph and it just bogged them dies and won't start.
I towed it back to the garage and pulled the plug. I have spark and when I pulled the plug it was dry. I checked the compresssion while I was at it. 109psi.
I reinstalled the plug and now after just one pull of the cord the plug will be soaked with fuel. I'm not sure but it seems like it's getting too much fuel.
I'm just wondering what you guys think it might be. We got about 7 inches of fresh powder and the kids want to ride.

Merry Christmas,
Hammer Down

Fuel pump? Sounds like it may have some junk in it. Has the pump ever been apart or rebuilt/replaced?

I was under the impression the fuel pump was part of the carb. Why would fuel spray out of the engine to carb hose when I pull it over even though the carb is not in the sled. Is there another fuel line going to the engine?

When I pull the engine over the plug is fouled(soaking wet with fuel) after one pull. That's with a freshly installed clean carb.

It sounds like the crankcase is still full of fuel from a bad needle and seat on the old carb.

You are correct. I pulled the fuel lines off and the choke off and it ran for a couple of minutes with no fuel lines.

I cleaned the carb and the needle and seat seemed ok but I had to lightly tap it to get it to move.

My kid just ran it around the yard for about an hour so it looks like the problem is solved.

I gotta say I feel like I have mastered life after getting that carb/fuel pump back together. Lol. All those gaskets/seals and tiny parts take extreme patience.

Thanks for the help guys.

Nice job. I bet the smiles on the kids faces makes it all worth while.

Back