difference between red head triple and blue head engines?

Anyone know just how different the exhaust mounts and spacing are for a red head triple vs blue head triple? Different cylinder spacing? Flange mounts? Port height?

thanks

just to expand on mrsleds reply, as he mentioned they are different bore and stroke. It kinda sounds like to me your wondering about the items you list as per engine swap?? the engine mounts are different, exhaust flange is different and in different location, there really isn't anything that's the same between those 2 engines other then the cylinder spacing roughly, but its not exact as the carb boots have a bit of offset to the redhead engine.

I suppose the real question is the exhaust alignment. I find triple pipes for the SRX all over the place for cheap. It appears that I can modify the exhaust flanges and install the SRX pipes but don't know if the placement of the exhaust ports is so different that the pipes would not fit. Also if the expansion chamber properties are different enough that I would not gain the power I would like.

I suppose the real question is the exhaust alignment. I find triple pipes for the SRX all over the place for cheap. It appears that I can modify the exhaust flanges and install the SRX pipes but don't know if the placement of the exhaust ports is so different that the pipes would not fit. Also if the expansion chamber properties are different enough that I would not gain the power I would like.

I will say the srx pipes will not work well on a red head as they are completely different bore and stroke combos so the pipes are a different length between the engines and the running rpm will be off and likely lower output then the correct pipe for the redhead engine. The srx engine is a 62mm stroke, the redhead is a 59.6mm stroke.

Back