urgent and strange electrical issue

kylekilbarger

i have a 1992 exciter and i decided to put an LED bar on it. Like an idiot i wired the positive to the yellow wire (high beam) and ground wire to the blue wire (supplies power to switch). i turned it on and m light bar had great illumination but, but it was on when my low beam was on, off when my high was on. i wired the positive to the low beam and nothing. took off the light bar and connected the wires back to normal setting and now there is NO light whatsoever from my headlight and my high beam indicator light is on no matter what. i touched the positive light bar wire to the blue and negative touched to yellow wire and light bar barely works. same if i touch negative wire to green wire. checked the bulb and its totally fine. opened up my light switch and seems clean as can be. no clue what to do

i have a 1992 exciter and i decided to put an LED bar on it. Like an idiot i wired the positive to the yellow wire (high beam) and ground wire to the blue wire (supplies power to switch). i turned it on and m light bar had great illumination but, but it was on when my low beam was on, off when my high was on. i wired the positive to the low beam and nothing. took off the light bar and connected the wires back to normal setting and now there is NO light whatsoever from my headlight and my high beam indicator light is on no matter what. i touched the positive light bar wire to the blue and negative touched to yellow wire and light bar barely works. same if i touch negative wire to green wire. checked the bulb and its totally fine. opened up my light switch and seems clean as can be. no clue what to do

Sounds like you may have zapped the lighting coil on stater plate..

If you remove the LED can you get the normal light back?
I tried removing the LED wires from the equation and wiring back to original setup. No headlight whatsoever, and my high beam indicator is always on even on low beam

I am not sure.. did you check the out out volts?

I haven't hooked up a reader yet. I set up my light bar and wired it right from the headlight this time like i should have from the start. Put the positive on the yellow (high beam) wire and the negative on the black wire coming right out of the headlight bulb. Works as it should, but here's the kicker. The light bar is lit no matter what the headlight beam is set on, and the high beam indicator is still on no matter what beam i am on. Also again, no actual light from headlight and i even put in a new bulb

I haven't hooked up a reader yet. I set up my light bar and wired it right from the headlight this time like i should have from the start. Put the positive on the yellow (high beam) wire and the negative on the black wire coming right out of the headlight bulb. Works as it should, but here's the kicker. The light bar is lit no matter what the headlight beam is set on, and the high beam indicator is still on no matter what beam i am on. Also again, no actual light from headlight and i even put in a new bulb

Take a look at the swtich and make sure the contacts are not corroded.

is your led light bar dc or ac volts?
Pretty positive it’s DC, hence the constant flickering. I bought a full wave bridge rectififier to put in that I learned from these forums will eliminate the flickering by converting AC to DC

Pretty positive it’s DC, hence the constant flickering. I bought a full wave bridge rectififier to put in that I learned from these forums will eliminate the flickering by converting AC to DC

but the first time you hooked it up without the rectifier to the sled which is ac current

Back