Bogging 95 VMAX

Mykeys

Hi all,
New to totally Yamaha. Have question about my VMAX. Had choke plunger stuck when took out of storage, unsiezed and cleaned carbs, now it starts and idles but no power what so ever. Put my hand over air box and got it to rev up and move basically starved it for air. Did I do some thing to my carbs or is this another issue. Thanks

Hi all,
New to totally Yamaha. Have question about my VMAX. Had choke plunger stuck when took out of storage, unsiezed and cleaned carbs, now it starts and idles but no power what so ever. Put my hand over air box and got it to rev up and move basically starved it for air. Did I do some thing to my carbs or is this another issue. Thanks

Sure sounds like you have something messed up.. I would pull the carbs and make sure that choke is not on at all..if its not adjusted correctly it can still be on when you think its off.

If it runs better when you block the air box, it's running lean, not getting enough fuel. If this is happening with a cold motor, your choke may not be working. Not enough information to diagnose.

When I got my 95 Vmax 500, I cleaned the carbs, but still couldn't get enough fuel. Turns out there is a screen behind the inlet needle seat on those carbs. If you pull the seats out, you can clean them.

Back