Best place to stay in gaylord, mi for riding sleds...

YamiSwami

Hello everyone..

Im semi new to the site took a bunch of time off death in the family.. Im getting back around to getting into sleds I have a pair of viper (er) and Im used to traveling to upstate NY for riding however, I think Michigan is a bit closer and a straight shot up from Columbus OH..

Based on what Im reading the Grayling/Gaylord area in MI is the best place because its in direct path of the snow belt. I would be driving from OH to that area with 3 of us.. What is the best place to stay at where we can ride sleds to the door, hot tub and reasonable rates? Basically like a 4 day weekend type trips..

Any help would be appreciated..

Thank you

The waters inn in waters mi is a nice place with a bar across the street. Trail 7 also across the street. Some good riding but been a rough year for us. Trails may not survive the warm up tomorrow. Are ice with very little snow as of now.

Also check out the trail system in the Mesick, Cadillac area. This guy gives a good trail report and you can find other reports too. http://www.fishweb.com/recreation/snowmobile/reports/snow-cadillac.html We stayed in Cadillac last year at evergreen golf resort and it was pretty nice. www.evergreenresortmi.com/ If you have a decent size group that can split the cost there are tons of cabins for rent for pretty decent prices. It would be better to find somewhere around Mesick to stay if you want to go on that system since Cadillac doesn't seem to get as much snow. Mushroom Cap Motel in Mesick would be an option although I haven't stayed there so I don't know what it is like.

Back