Vmax 600 xtc 1997 track question

Vmax xtc 1997

Hi!

New here and already finding many good informations!!!! I have a vmax 600 xtc 1997 with original track on it and looking to upgrade it. I want something good for trail condition and off trail, any suggestion?

And I am also wondering what length of lugs should I not exceed? I don't want to put too exceed what the hp of my machine allow me.

Thank you for any advise!!!

I had a 98 vmax 700 xtc i had a 1 1/4" rip saw it was awesome machine had plenty of power to turn it 121 x 15 best thing i did for my machine that was that body style was put a newer set of yamaha skis on it off of an 04 viper she went great then!

Yes I am looking to upgrade de skis with plastic for less weight and probably a bit wider to help to stay on top in powder snow....

Not new to snowmobile but, very new to modification/upgrades!!!

Thank you all for the advice. Cobra it will be!!!
Now will look into those Viper skis....

Since to install the new track I ll have to take lots of stuff out, any of that I should look at to maybe replace ?

the skis from an rx1, vector, nitro, rage, phazer, apex and sr viper should work as well.

check the front arm for cracking at the welds and the lower mount for the front skid shock. they are known to crack/break.

Back