Rad/coolant hose

Vmax xtc 1997

rad 3.jpgrad 2.jpgrad 4.jpg

I was getting my sled ready this week end and saw that. more frustrating this pipe is discontinued for my sled, vmax xtc 600, 1997.......

any options???? Can I get a flexible coolant hose and try to make a nice bend no kink or do I need the exact same thing with the prefab bend. does it have restrain the cooling effect??

thank.

Hope the picture uploaded properly....

you could always get your local muffler shop to bend you up a pipe in that shape and then use 2 short peices at the end to connect to the engine. transports and loaders do it that way all the time.

wow!!!!! thank you very much guys.I realize that I am SOOOO green in the sled world..... Prestone was leaking so I assumed It had to do with coolant so I was looking at the radiator diagram, never thought of the water pump. Thank you again.

While at it, would you have some suggestion with regards to the muffler, I would like to upgrade for more HP and maybe louder. any idea for something that would fit without too many modification? or should I post in another thread?

you could try an mbrp can on there as twin pipes are to hard to keep running right but all it adds is noise. a good clutch kit will get you better performance than messing with the exhaust.

ok perfect, thank you!!! any suggestion on clutch kits???? I like to have lots of torque from 0 to approx 120KM/h..... dont mind sacrificing some top speed.

clickon the ty tec pages link. then click on snowmobile tec. then you can go to user clutching charts and i am sure you can find a clutch set-up that another member used on their sled for you to replicate on yours.

Back