SRX runs for 2 seconds....I'm going to burn it

Two cases:
1: idle screw set <3000 rpm, starts for 2 seconds, CDI kills ignition.
2. idle screw set >3000 ish rpm, starts and runs at 3200 ish RPM forever until the instant RPM changes then CDI kills ignition. No lights/or anything work because the CDI is withholding the the ground to the load control relay for some reason. (voltage while running at 3000 at regulator is 14.5 volts DC steady...)

Last edited:

Yes ..gap bettween pick up coil and flywheel ....did u change something about wiring ignition

That gap is fixed... I guess I could grind the holes out in the pickup coil mounts and get it a little closer, but it is the same distance the old one was from the flywheel. Is there a clearance spec? I can't find one. Stock wiring and ignition all brand new! completely unwound/inspected every wire (all laid out across the bench like strands of spaghetti) from the entire harness, all perfect.

I think the Power valve motor is bad...it's not testing correctly... so I'll keep you'll post on if a new power valve motor changes anything.

That gap is fixed... I guess I could grind the holes out in the pickup coil mounts and get it a little closer, but it is the same distance the old one was from the flywheel. Is there a clearance spec? I can't find one. Stock wiring and ignition all brand new! completely unwound/inspected every wire (all laid out across the bench like strands of spaghetti) from the entire harness, all perfect.

I think the Power valve motor is bad...it's not testing correctly... so I'll keep you'll post on if a new power valve motor changes anything.

The gap should be close ...i dont remember maybe 0.030 or closer ....if u think its the servo for the power valve just unplug it ...the sled can run without it

sold this POS to a guy down the road for 400 bucks. Thanks for all your help but never figured it out...

Back