Mountain max 700 bogging problem

YD5X_

Hello there. I have a Mountain Max 700 that i have modded a little with SLP pipes, longer track and skis. I know im running a little rich but its running fine when its cold outside, but the problem is when im carving and sidehilling it dies from to much fuel. I will re-jet it tomorrow a little leaner but any ides what i can do. Also one cylinder doesnt run right when im giving it full throttle when its warm outside, thats because im to rich i quess.
This wasnt a problem when i had the stock pipe.

Another question. Is there a way to make it not hang on the running board? Theres nearly no holes for the snow to go through so im always getting stuck because of that. There is that cooler so its a bit harder to make it better.

Last edited:

These engines do become much more sensitive to temperature changes when you have pipes installed. You may also be fighting the "powder bog" from snow entering the engine bay when carving and causing steam and a too rich condition. I run a fine "pet screen" over my hood vents to help limit snow coming into the hood. Also you could have snow blocking the exhaust and killing the engine if you don't have a working deflector.

Before I bought my sled someone added snow eliminators to the running boards and cut out most of the metal beside the cooler. It does help some snow to fall thru but doesn't entirely solve the problem.
I do have another set of the snow eliminators here for sale if you would be interested.

This is the snow eliminators. Although I reread your question and it sounds like you may be talking about the sled hanging up on the running boards not the snow hanging up in them. This won't help the sled to not hang up...
edc1fbda78e1453d8a9c482676cd6e48.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I dont think its the deflector or steam inside the hood since it also bogs when tipping it to the left so its like when the carbs are sideways.

Yes, i will re-jet it today and raise the clip on the throttle needles and se if its better.

So i changed the jet in the left carb and it got better. Still dying when carving/donouts or whatever its called. But its 10°C colder today then when i last rode it. Will test it again tomorrow when it will be warmer.

Then with the needle, there is a problem. The left and right carbs have a screw under the lid at the top so those can i adjust but the middle one doesnt have that so i have to change the clip position but then the screw for the throttle and the needle is rounded so i wont change that one now if i dont have to.

I jetted my 700 mm per Clymer manual + 1 column richer to accommodate for the bender silencer and airbox mod and it runs like a raped ape, not enough room to hold it at full throttle
there are a lot of things that can not run right when the machine is tilted over on its side...gravity is a bitch
you might have sticky floats
have you done a full carb clean?
and maybe start over with jetting ...it is possible ...you are now "lost in the jetting" ...making too many changes here and there on individual carbs

Back