Handle Bars and Skis

boringnh

What is everyone running for aftermarket riser blocks and handle bars on early 90' Phazers. I am looking for a bolt on set up. Is there such a thing? Also, what is the best option for plastic skis? I really don't want to buy a new set.

you can use 2014 sr viper skis with washers and a longer bolt if you like. they just need a bit of grinding with a die grinder to clear the tss on the front. have them on my 1997 et410 and they work well.

Thanks! I noticed the steering is really heavy on the Phazer II. I think a wider handlebars will help. Do you think a set of plastic skis will help. I don’t have the limiter strap set tight. It is tough to maneuver in tight situations.

sounds like you have a frozen collar on the tss or a really rusty one. i drilled and added grease fittings to mine after it happened to me.

http://www.snowmobile.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2017-Yamaha-VK-540-Strut-930x1000.jpg

you can see in this pic where it is on a vk close to the upper scizors bolt. mine was retaining water in there and steering stiff when it froze. with the grease fitting i can now push the water out and get lube in there. i just drilled and tapped mine.

Back