Best Oil for Vipers is? ....

YamiSwami

Picked up the first of 2 vipers last night (red ER) guy is running amsoil Interceptor in it.. From what i have experienced in cats is that it burns dirty and really gums up power valves bad.. Normally, when I buy a used sled I continue to run the same oil that has been used in it, but Im not sure I want to keep using the amsoil. I was thinking of going to Klotz or yamalube..

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Never had a problem with amsoil interceptor, been running it for years.
Let’s see what you picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been running klotz the last 2 years and have been very happy with it. My valves have been the cleanest with it compared to others I have tried. You will get all kinds of opinions on this. I do think riding style plays a part in how dirty the valves get. I was having problems before with my valves getting very dirty but I cant go wide open very often since we are riding with our wives most of the time. I think the harder you ride the cleaner the valves stay and that's why some can have good luck with whatever they run. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with amsoil interceptor, been running it for years.
Let’s see what you picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am paying off a pair of identical vipers and got the first one last night. Next month I will have the second one parked next her.. this one came with the original yamaha viper cover.. can not find them anywhere.. new viper 1.jpgnew viper 2.jpg

I use the Legend zx2r reason being it seem to keep everything nice a clean inside.

:2strokes:

we use ipone in my dads 05 sx venture 700 whitch is same engine as viper. clean the valves annually and it is not too bad running that oil.

Back