97 vmax 600 secondary setting?

thanx couple of bucks. wonder what the heck this is from. either way I'm gonna take it apart and reduce the tension. maybe it will still work ok and hopefully drop the rpm's. will report back

so I got the secondary torn apart today and cleaned up. previous owner had a blue spring in it and was set to #1 on the sheave and #6 on the helix so was pretty stiff with quick backshift and never completely upshifting and rpms were too high. I now have it set to #3 and 3. it really helped it out. I'm now turning 7900 @wot and it pulls really good. little slow on the backshift but I'm ok with it for this season. my p85 clutch has a blue spring with 10M weights that weighed 48.6 grams. I needed more weight so I scuffed the bottoms of the weights with 80 grit sand paper and added some solder to increase them to 53grams. wish I had made them to 55grams because I think it would have put me at 7700/7800 @ wot. yeah it may seem a bit unorthodox to add solder but not much heat was needed. I will now buy a new set of 55grams for the permanent fix. It was really more for testing. that's all for now

Back