SRV 540 Phazer Carb swap.

wconsidi

So I just got a SRV 540 Motor and got it mounted up into my phazer chassis. I want to run the duel carbs off of the phazer motor on it. I think it will all fit in there nicely but my question is on Jetting. Any thoughts. The srv has a single with a 150 jet currently while the Phazer carbs are stock jetted. Thoughts on what I will need to do to jet the SRV Right with the duel carbs? Also running the stock SRV exhaust and don't have any mods done to it. I have heard that the duel carbs really bring it to life so I would like to try it out. Thanks

Thats what I was thinking also. But i'm wondering where to start. The single carb thats on now runs a 150 Main and a 92 Pilot. While the dual is running 143.8 Mains and 95 Pilots. Should I leave the pilots at 95 and up the mains to 150+. Or should I start even richer. Like 100 pilots and 160 mains? The last thing I wanna do is burn out this motor. Thoughts?

Thats what I was thinking also. But i'm wondering where to start. The single carb thats on now runs a 150 Main and a 92 Pilot. While the dual is running 143.8 Mains and 95 Pilots. Should I leave the pilots at 95 and up the mains to 150+. Or should I start even richer. Like 100 pilots and 160 mains? The last thing I wanna do is burn out this motor. Thoughts?

I guess I would start at 95 pilots and 160 mains.. see how it starts. Would rather it be fat but its really a crap shoot.

Well I'll give it a go and see. At least will give me a starting point. Thanks.

Alright I'm ordering Main jets 157.5, 160, 162.5 and a 100 pilot just in case it wants to run lean at idle. WISH ME LUCK!!

Well maybe i'm not ordering them, I was looking at the spec sheets for the phazer, srv, Viking, and xl-v. The Viking and xl-v are both 540's like the SRV but run single Mikuni B38-32 Carbs and they are running smaller jets than the phazer. Is it because they are pulling more air thru the carb and picking up more fuel through the smaller jets. The SRV, Viking, and XL-V all share the same motor. I'm so confused now... I figured bigger motor, smaller carb, bigger jet. But its starting to not look that way. Does the fact they are running singles while i'm going to run duals make a difference.

Well maybe i'm not ordering them, I was looking at the spec sheets for the phazer, srv, Viking, and xl-v. The Viking and xl-v are both 540's like the SRV but run single Mikuni B38-32 Carbs and they are running smaller jets than the phazer. Is it because they are pulling more air thru the carb and picking up more fuel through the smaller jets. The SRV, Viking, and XL-V all share the same motor. I'm so confused now... I figured bigger motor, smaller carb, bigger jet. But its starting to not look that way. Does the fact they are running singles while i'm going to run duals make a difference.

Its hard to say how it going to run, it may atomize the air and fuel differently... is a real risk that I have no clue about.

Better check fitment before you buy any parts. I'm pretty sure bore center spacing is different between the 540 and 485. I don't think the racked Phazer carbs will fit.

I've never seen an SRV done with racked twin carbs.

opsled

These motors were kinda finicky to get jetting spot on on them, I had a few sets of the RPC dual intakes for the 540 fan and ran tmx38, but could never get it dialed in, and sold both sets, RPC used to bore out the stock carb on the srv with really good results, best of luck on your dual carb venture.

Back