Pockets Between Cyl in case, 02 Viper

Yamablue

What are the pockets for that the arrows point too? Are they functional for something or just weight saving cavities. I ask because there was liquid them and just curious how it got there.

20180120_153938.jpg

Also, how does the wash look, Good on PTO and Center and a tad rich on the MAG?

Yes those pockets are for cooling and as far as the wash...I would say you are correct with your diagnosis as well. is does not appear to be too bad but better to have caught it now.

wash looks good, it is a tad rich on the mag but if your running the stock head leave it alone as the mag is the cylinder that runs the hottest due to water circulation, also the center and mag have higher compression then the pto cylinder does. About 95% of all vipers will blow up the center and the mag cylinders because of the compression and the timing in the cdi box. leave it it will live a long life there at those settings.

No it's modded out. CPR pipes, MT perf head w/customer domes, 38mm XCR carbs. Variflow. I think I'm going to bump my mains up one of two jet sizes and raise my PTO and Center needles a washer so I can use the variflow more.

Back