Secondary clutch heel clicker to Hauck. Helix same or different?

sxviper-s

So my old heel clicker roller secondary is beyond repair. So I purchased a Hauck roller secondary. My question is. Are the helix angles the same on both?
My old heel clicker helix was a 42/34. If I buy say a Ulmer or Hauck helix with same or close angles, will it react the same? I ask this just because they are truly two different designs.

My heel clicker set up worked great for many years. It was set up buy an old friend that is no longer available to get info from. So I am learning for myself now.

Currently I am running the stock helix with the new Hauck roller secondary. But it feels sluggish in the bottom compared to the old set up. Pulls great up top though.

I did make one change to the sled that may change it’s needs. I switched from a 121 track to a 136.

Sled is 04 sx viper s.
SLP pipes,Reed spacers,carbon fiber reeds,heel clicker primary, now Hauck secondary, different gearing,8 tooth drivers.

So my old heel clicker roller secondary is beyond repair. So I purchased a Hauck roller secondary. My question is. Are the helix angles the same on both?
My old heel clicker helix was a 42/34. If I buy say a Ulmer or Hauck helix with same or close angles, will it react the same? I ask this just because they are truly two different designs.

My heel clicker set up worked great for many years. It was set up buy an old friend that is no longer available to get info from. So I am learning for myself now.

Currently I am running the stock helix with the new Hauck roller secondary. But it feels sluggish in the bottom compared to the old set up. Pulls great up top though.

I did make one change to the sled that may change it’s needs. I switched from a 121 track to a 136.

Sled is 04 sx viper s.
SLP pipes,Reed spacers,carbon fiber reeds,heel clicker primary, now Hauck secondary, different gearing,8 tooth drivers.

Track change can really affect the way the sled feels.

Ty.
What I really need to know is. If I purchas a Ulmer helix, 42/34. Will it be the same as my heel clicker 42/34?
Wanting to know if they are equal to each other.

I asked Allen about the Advant Edge he has. This inquiry was for a helix for my 40-10s that I do not have on yet.

New message from: srxspec

47/37 would be the Dalton equivalent to our 43/33.

Hey A couple of bucks, time to throw the 40-10 kit on! You have a 96 xt 600 right? If this is the sled you're going to put it on I have the following comments:

I am not saying srxspec is wrong.
But on my venture 500 LC, with the white 4 stroke spring, which has the least total force of all the yamaha springs, I find a 39 deg helix way too shallow. The sled also hated multi angle helixes with the heelclicker. I am running a green spring at 60 deg in the secondary. The next thing I'll try is a 41 or 43 deg spring. Oh yeah, I have like about 5 grams of heel weight and 5 grams of tip weight, still it revs to 8000 rpm at 3/4 throttle. It passed 100 km/h (a little over 60 mph) in pretty much no time. Also I have european gearing on that thing, which I believe is a 19 tooth gear on top. I also have viper reedcages and reeds.

Last edited:
Ty.
What I really need to know is. If I purchas a Ulmer helix, 42/34. Will it be the same as my heel clicker 42/34?
Wanting to know if they are equal to each other.

I have the same secondary on my srx, was on my viper before I sold it. I love that HCX 42/34 helix thing pulls like a freight train

I have the same secondary on my srx, was on my viper before I sold it. I love that HCX 42/34 helix thing pulls like a freight train
Agreed!!! It worked great for years for me. Unfortunately he no longer carries them , and mine is beyond repair. So I went to the Hauck roller. I believe it is a better design over all. Now to find a helix equal to the HCX 42/34. If that is possible.

If we ever get some snow I’m sure as f•€k gonna get em on. And test/tune the crud out of them till the snow is gone.

We could use some snow here also. All melted away in this warm up. Just does not seem to stick around long anymore. Thinking about a trip to Old Forge / Tug Hill.

Back