91 phazer [ spark issue ]

MMills

So, i've got this 90s phazer, that was running fine, brought it in to try and hook up the light, then I had lost spark. Changed stator plate, Coil, CDI... still no spark.

By using a Test light, with the ground wire from stator to cdi hooked up, and test light into the Orange from cdi wire connector the RED light flashes, but then once the ground is Unhooked the RED & GREEN light flash.

And Barey anything with ground hooked up.

Put test light into The bottom end of COIL plugin and Nothing. So there is resistance somewhere between that one plugin, but it doesn't make sense, because should you not still have power on the bottom of coil even if its shot. Until the unit itself.

HAVE power from stator, to CDI, through CDI to end of plugins, then @Coil plugin, it's gone.

First stator 13.5ohms
Second stator 15.0ohms

In the pictures provided is where spark is lost.

So by putting multimeter to stator

Red into brown
Black into Black
Reads 530 on stator #1
Reads 1322 on Stator #2 .

And by putting Red into white/red and black into black
Stator #1 130
Stator #2 160

--------------

And The wiring Is all correct, coil was changed to a newer one with An actual orange wire, to match CDI but doesnt affect anything.

Still has no spark, still lost for words.
image_1516460308660.jpg
------
Like i said, it was running. Pulled in to garage to find a power wire for headlight and lost everything. Now no spark, even with new stator, new cdi, new coil.

And is it right for this machine to have no grounds going to the chassis or anything.

Wires were hooked up exact same way as it was, when engine was in chassis, everything is plugged in, but no spark. Its lost right at Plugin from CDI to COIl.

----- 91 Is exact year. ----
tempImageForSave_1516552873249.jpg
It makes no sense. Why am I loosing spark/power right here?

tempImageForSave_1516552865188.jpg

Last edited:

Sounds like a TORS problem to me. There should be two wires coming off a swtich on your carb. (they are black wires with bullet style connectors). Disconnect the two wires, and then connect the two that are coming from the main harness (not the ones connected to the carb), connect them to themselves. This will bypass the TORS system.

ITs an easy thing to check.

-b

Back