Trailing arm sled style ski fit on a 92 vmax 4?

Will a 3” mount distance trailing arm style ski fit on a vmax 4? May need spacers/washers correct but is it doable?

You would have to dish out the bottom of the ski where the Popo Shock shoe mounts. I have dont it using the Viper skis and I have done it using the Apex Style Skis.

The distance between the ski mount is 3&1/4” and a trailing arm sled is 3” isn’t it? And if I use a plastic ski it may be a bit more difficult to hog out the plastic for the rubber shoe thing right? I guess that’s why you say cut the collar to 3”? This mod will be attempted and hopefully work on a 92.....still not sure if 92/93 is the same as 94-96

The distance between the ski mount is 3&1/4” and a trailing arm sled is 3” isn’t it? And if I use a plastic ski it may be a bit more difficult to hog out the plastic for the rubber shoe thing right? I guess that’s why you say cut the collar to 3”? This mod will be attempted and hopefully work on a 92.....still not sure if 92/93 is the same as 94-96

That is only an example. I would get the skis in hand and then hog it out to make room for the rubber. It can be done. I used a Roto-Zip to hog out the plastic.

That is only an example. I would get the skis in hand and then hog it out to make room for the rubber. It can be done. I used a Roto-Zip to hog out the plastic.

Ok so you have done it with plastic skis? Sweet. So hog out the ski to make the rubber sit nice, then cut the collar down to 3” to fit between the ski mount, then tighten up the play accordingly with washers?
Seems pretty easy-a little time consuming? But no biggie. Am I correct with all the above? Thanks for help

Ok so you have done it with plastic skis? Sweet. So hog out the ski to make the rubber sit nice, then cut the collar down to 3” to fit between the ski mount, then tighten up the play accordingly with washers?
Seems pretty easy-a little time consuming? But no biggie. Am I correct with all the above? Thanks for help

Sounds about right!!

Back