340 ignition switches

roudyroy1

I was given an excel 340 a while back with no key, so i gutted the old ignition switch to get it to work. now that its running i want to get a key switch for it... but cannot find any for sale. since these switches break the circuit to run, no general automotive switch that i can find will work. does anyone know if the switch from an enticer or something would plug in? i don't use the electric start so thats not needed.

Royal only has them for an enticer 400 only, so thats why i was wondering if it would work on an excel.

Nope- looks like only 340 will work. I would try Recreation Supply or Kimpex

The excel connection has 4 in the plug plus a 5th barrel connector. i think this is for the electric start. with use of a multi-meter only 2 of them are for the ignition system. the issue is, with the 340 ignition system, you break continuity between the wires for the engine to run, and you have continuity to turn it off. automotive switches are the opposite. so as long as the ignition from the 400 is the same convention, i can make it work. do you know if it is? i.e unplug the ignition and the sled runs.

the 400 should be the same as nothing changed other than adding tors to the newer sleds. i would have to check the 1990 et400t/r i have at home but i know that the 78 has a separate start button. my enticer II has start position just like the sx series sleds.

im not worried about the start position as when i tried the electric start on this sled the wiring harness just started smoking LOL. just off and run are needed.

Back