Skid swap

kylekilbarger

So I'm working on rebuilding my '92 Exciter II and the old skid is getting tossed (too many bearings and wheels going out, shocks are f'd, shafts are getting f'd, etc) and I'm going to fabricate a tunnel extension and another thing I'm going to do is get a bigger skid. I really need some input on this as its a foreign language to me. I'm debating on either 136 or a 144 inch, and another factor is I occasionally have a passenger so I need somewhat decent shocks but nothing extreme by any means. Any ideas on what setup I should install? Any input is greatly appreciated.

So I'm working on rebuilding my '92 Exciter II and the old skid is getting tossed (too many bearings and wheels going out, shocks are f'd, shafts are getting f'd, etc) and I'm going to fabricate a tunnel extension and another thing I'm going to do is get a bigger skid. I really need some input on this as its a foreign language to me. I'm debating on either 136 or a 144 inch, and another factor is I occasionally have a passenger so I need somewhat decent shocks but nothing extreme by any means. Any ideas on what setup I should install? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Way to many to choose from.. I have stuck mono shocks in old sleds, pro-actions and doo skids.. thats a tough question to answer.

need to ask yourself if weight will play a factor in your decision as well. almost anything you put in there will be heavyer than the stocker even without the added legnth.

well in that case, do you know if anyone makes rail extensions for older skids such as my stock one? if i decide to take the route to rebuild my current one

there are multiple vendors out there that can supply you with the track, rail exensions and tunnel extension if you desire. i hear good things about tracks usa.

I like track USA extensions, good quality and fit. They probably have a kit just for your sled with track and tunnel extension.
Bearings are cheap and easy. Bushings are easy, but some times hard to locate a hole kit.
Shocks hmmm. Not sure on that.

Back