2000 srx is slow

OK last week, I changed the heads to some smaller cc heads I used a few years ago. the compression is now up to 115 psi. volume of heads with piston tdc is 20.75 cc. measured squish at .049".

while the heads were off I noticed a power valve with a cable pulled out of it. I am happy a found this but it surprized me as I assembled this engine a couple of years ago,and it was always a pooch. Must have happened at the time.

When testing 2 days ago, I immediately installed another gram in the tips and it was over revving at 8600. I typically try to run at 8400. the machine easily pulled up to 100mph.

yesterday I took the machine to the local snow drags and placed 2nd in both the 7 imp and 9 imp. While I prefer to win, it was up against some strong machines and I am happy with the results. the sled was hitting just above 90mph (speedo) at the end of 660ft.

Mr Viper- I will look for a spare set of carbs and try this as well. hopefully it is even better.
when the carbs were tapered bored, I don't believe he went up to the idle well, but I will confirm when I remove the carbs next time.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Awesome news!! Overall it sounds like it was running great!

sounds better, much better on adding the clutch weight....the tach is a easy dyno!

Back