Driven or secodary clutch.

snowhite

I am wondering if you guys' know if on a 94 VMAX 500 secondary the 2 bushings,the bushing that the helix rides on is just metal isn't there supposed to be some sort of fibre material on it ? The other one has some sort of white material on it. I will probably replace the bigger one but there doesn't seem to be any aftermarket ones out there. Any help?

DO NOT ..... I repeat ..... DO NOT use aftermarket ramp shoes. Fuggin junk. Buy them directly from a Yamaha dealer near so you can go and pick them up. Too many shysters out there trying to pawning junk off as OE.

No, okay part #3 and #6 on the secondary parts picture. They are a bushing one small that fits into the helix the other in the sliding half it's bigger. The bigger one that I have is all metal, there is no fiber on it. Is there supposed to be any, plus it's sloppy so this is why I am asking as it should be snug on the helix, right?

Looks like #3 and #6 could hurt the piggy bank, might be a longshot but you may be able to find or measure for the dimensions of the bushing and see if an industrial supply or bearing company has something close enough for reasonable cost. Another option to consider is converting the sled over to the 1995-1996 style secondary. Search on here for more info but I believe it's pretty straightforward replacing the jackshaft, clutch, and bolt/spacers. It was a common swap back then, it eliminates the 1994 2pc jackshaft, replacing it with the 1995-1996 1pc jackshaft, and the secondary clutch is the modern style with the helix on the outside.

Back