seemed to have lost mag side cylinder!

Ok Guys,
Put in my new needle and seats left off my air box started it up. Same problem started hard, was blowing gas out the back of the carb on the mag cylinder carb. The other two carbs are sucking in air while the mag carb is blowing it out. I then put a compression tester on it and got 70 psi on all 3 cylinders!! I guess its time to have it rebuilt. Any other ideas?

Like a couple of buck suggested I would guess you have a broken reed valve on the mag cylinder. I would check something else with the tester and see if it reads low. I am guessing it will read low since you only have one cylinder giving you problems and all three read the same. I would check the tester and the reed before you tear the motor down. It would suck to tear it down and then find a $5 reed valve was the culprit. Lol.

I had pulled the p/v and checked that already it looked fine. I am just surprised since she only has 2046miles on her.

Bingo...
Reed valve petal laying next to the cylinder lol. I will post pics soon got it back together as a local shop woodys performance center hooked me up with a stock set to run the radar run tomorrow. Big thanks to all of you for the help on this and woodys hooking me up with a set of reed valves as its getting hard to find parts for her. I will post results tomorrow good or bad!

Thanks again

Derek

Not a bad day men! I didn't place in Stock 7 but I ran 92mph in 660 which was faster than my last radar run. I lost to a srx that ran 99mph, and a f7 that ran 105mph!!! It was a great turn out at the radar run which was nice. Thanks for all the help guys!!

Derek

Back