Hung Idle

4wealn

Hey Guys, got out today for a nice ride. 106 miles in total. The sled ran great, was very responsive. I am running the 8DN belt as I bought a new one. All I need to do is change the rivets to the same ones that are on the 98 VMAX that runs the same belt, as mine is a 97. All the parts are the same except the rivets.
One thing that I did notice is that when I started the sled up it idled at 1600-1700. After riding it for a bit we stopped and the idle was at 2500 and would not come down. The sled ran flawlessly but the idle was constant at 2500 at idle. Why is that. The only different thing that I did was connect my TORS as when I was looking under the hood I noticed that it had been disconnected probably by the PO. I connected it and it does work and all functions right. I do not think this has anything to do with the idle.
Any ideas on the hung idle.
Thanks in advance.

My sleds always idle lower on warm up than they do after a good ride. What sled is this? Try turning the idle down to normal after a good run and see what it does on warm up. I have my srx set about 1500 rpm on idle after I ride it and it is good and warmed up. It idles a little over 1000 on warm up when it is cold.

Back