ET340 - Replacement Stator Options

vipermike2002

83 Excell III 340

No spark. Changed coil to no effect. I am afraid it could be stator. What are my options for replacement besides used?

Thanks

Looks like your in the same boat as me. My guess is stator too. Part it out and buy a new sled. Stators are a pain in the $$$.

Last edited:
have you tried grounding the base plate of the motor to the frame with a set of booster cables or a wire? common for the chassis grounds to go bad on these with age.

have you checked the wires where they come out of the engine? heard of a few that broke close to the rubber grommet.

no rub throughs on harness under engine?

try bypassing the ignition or the kill switch and check for spark.

a few areas that have caused trouble in the past that i know of.

Yes- check all connections. Unplug kill switch and ignition- should still run with ignition unplugged- just to eliminate those 2 possibilities.

My mechanic has ruled it down to the pulser coil on the stator. Said I should find a replacement pulser coil and a CDI for good measure.

Found a few NOS Yamaha options on eBay. Any other options for a pulser coil and CDI?

other than pulling the stator and sending it to someone like rm stator, ebay or a sled scrapper are your only choices. parts are obselete from yamaha.

Last edited:

Back