97 vmax 600 oil pump

I don't think so, as its an 8CR part number for the 600 twin, even the 500 twin uses a different pump.
Also, the 600 oil pump has an updated part number, as they revised it early on when they were using too much oil.

They actually updated the 1997's as well, if you brought it in and complained about oil consumption, never did have mine done, still works well and can be turned down if it uses a lot of oil. There is a technical bulletin for it on how to properly set a 97 pump. Just did it 4 weeks ago. :2strokes:

They actually updated the 1997's as well, if you brought it in and complained about oil consumption, never did have mine done, still works well and can be turned down if it uses a lot of oil. There is a technical bulletin for it on how to properly set a 97 pump. Just did it 4 weeks ago. :2strokes:

Yes they did update the 97 pumps but it was with the 98 pump. Buying a used pump would be a crap shoot off a 97 not boing if owner updated it.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the pumps are stamped with a part number on the mounting side, but cannot remember for sure...

Back