New tunnel supports.

zr7cat

Just got my new tunnel supports today, turned out pretty good, big thanks to Ryan!
3593aacba14f02cf38b1f2e3e4700aa2.jpg
a8b86e54ab3a4fc1abfffe779770a4a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some cracks developing in this area on one of my Vipers and need some of these!

Do they still exist for purchase or anyone have the pattern they're willing to share?

try with site member viper king as he parted out quite a few of those sleds. i had them on my 01 sx500r, dad's 05 sx venture and bro had a set on his 02 viper.

I think i might have 1 of them, came off a sled i parted out, other side was torn off when i got it but you could make some from it, like a template

I think i might have 1 of them, came off a sled i parted out, other side was torn off when i got it but you could make some from it, like a template

Please let me know what you find. I have the equipment and capability to produce these if I had a solid template.

Anyone know who made these originally? Yamaha part or were they a limited/short production-run from a member or custom shop?

PM'd Viper King yesterday. No response yet...

Last edited:
they where a yamaha accessory called traction brackets. they came in black, red and blue from what i remeber. the set i put on dads i got used on here 10 years ago and had to source my own rivits. could always try barn of parts as he might have the ones from an rx1 witch is what i use on my et410 and vk540 to help support the running boards. sucks now a days that they discontinued all that stuff as soon as they quit making the chassis that used it. just went through this with my nos 16 apex xtx in late 2018. had a bear of a time finding the acessories i wanted for it and the sleds where still orderable in 2018.

Thanks Maim. I understand the issue of abandoning the parts as soon as they stop sending a model to the showrooms. Obviously all of my sleds fell victim to the practice early on.
The search shall continue for viable used ones, if for no better reason than to produce some more for those in need.

Never had these items on my RXwarrior so i don,t know if they would of stopped my coolers from leaking(Seems to be dissimilar metals cause rust at the rear mounting bracket which cracks the cooler).

Never had these items on my RXwarrior so i don,t know if they would of stopped my coolers from leaking(Seems to be dissimilar metals cause rust at the rear mounting bracket which cracks the cooler).

wouldn't have helped. bro had them on his 04 war and they still cracked around that point at 25000 km but he is a big boy and threw that sled around like it was a bravo.

12000km on mine,big boy myself and no groom trails in the backcountry.Shes now a 3rd backup sled:yam:with a yamaha acc hitch for towing if the need every arise with my skidoo... :ORC

Last edited:
i have a left side one. i do NOT have the right side.

Attachments

• yamaha brace.jpg
    yamaha brace.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 7

Back