trailing arm differenece mm to xtc

sxrsist

VIP Member
why is there different part numbers and also different letters on the front of trailing arms? i just picked up a 02 mm600 and trailing arms bent, i have a 97 xtc 600 for parts and would like to use the arms on the mm, will they fit and have propper angles caster camber or whats the difference? jobber seems like one size fits all

why is there different part numbers and also different letters on the front of trailing arms? i just picked up a 02 mm600 and trailing arms bent, i have a 97 xtc 600 for parts and would like to use the arms on the mm, will they fit and have propper angles caster camber or whats the difference? jobber seems like one size fits all

The stamping number indicates differences in caster, width and spindle height/length.

mountain max has narrower front end over the xtc. if you put the whole front from the xtc (steering arrms links, trailing arms, upper and lower radius rods, and the shocks) onto the max it will be fine once lined up.

mountain max has narrower front end over the xtc. if you put the whole front from the xtc (steering arrms links, trailing arms, upper and lower radius rods, and the shocks) onto the max it will be fine once lined up.
i only want to change one trailing arm and maintain stock stance

that i know, was just curious if someone knew exactly what was differenthast to be the angle spindle is weled in, sure looks same

that i know, was just curious if someone knew exactly what was differenthast to be the angle spindle is weled in, sure looks same
The suspension tuning manual supplement published in '01 explained the differences. I have a hard copy at home but thought it was available on this site.
Although they appear the same, differences in the angle of the radius rod attachment tabs (narrow vs. wide ski stance) may create binding - especially MM vs. flat lander.
I would suggest finding the tuning manual to get a better explanation.

Back