Frozen track ?

SilverCruzer

Was wondering what other Vmax owners do when they park their sleds at night when the sleds are outside in cold weather.

Recently we went into our camp for 3 nights and the first night the temp went down to minus 25C (-13F). The next morning the sled started well but didn't want
to move. Eventually it did but only after some bouncing the track up and down. Back in the day, we used to start up our sleds and turn them on their side and rev up the engine to allow the track to be warmed up. Is that still the best way to warm it up ? Should I be putting the rear end up on a jack to get the track off the ground when it's parked overnight? Should I do both? Your thoughts please.

Don't forget to lift ski's. I usually start it up and then grab ski tops lift up off ground and drop both sides, then grab rear and lift a foot or so and drop 1 to 2 times depending on if it was stuck at all or not.

if you where in slush the day before you might have to use a hammer to get it cleaned out the next morning. have had to do that one a few times.

Back