Track fitment

Never dealt with a vmax 4 before. Assumed I could..guess I should research a bit. I have a .5 speed track but I don't think it would work too well on trail...even with lots of studs.what's the tallest studs I can use on the speed track ?

I am ZERO help w/ studs as I do not run them. On my 96 XT6, I put 8 toothers on and went w/ a 1.5” track. And I even had to trim it down to 1.25 in two strips so that it did not interfere w/ the two tunnel coolers.
The average difference between 8 and 9 tooth drivers is 3/4” total. That translates to an extra 3/8s between track and cooler to play with.

People fit 1.5" tracks under vmax 4's. 1" will fit no problem. I just put a 1.25" under my '93 with studs in its. No rubbing issues. I would use cooler protectors for the rear cooler. There is no cooler in behind the track drivers on a vmax 4. Just the tunnel coolers up top and the rear cooler. And of course the rad. On my '95 with 8 tooth drivers I run 1.86" studs.

Rustman is correct. 1.25 studs are no problem in a one inch track. Rear heat exchanger protectors are needed as mentioned. Front protectors are a good idea to protect the bulkhead in case you ratchet the track or brake hard even though there is no heat exchanger there. There was a nylon tunnel protector available at one time that slid over the rib of the heat exchangers in the tunnel. They are hard to find now. We have thousands of miles on Vmax4 s set up this way. Keep the track tight. Good luck.

My apologies all. I was under the assumption that the area between track and belly was the same on the 94-96 Vmax and the VM4s.

None needed, I haven't measured either sled chassis to know what the difference may be but have been done to bare chassis on both and know there are many differences. Also know the guys posting on the Vmax-4 fitment do have experience with what they are claiming.

opsled

PS, did enjoy your thread on your Vmax build.

Back